Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What's happenin'

Well, so much has happened lately. Mr. Beans is on a "I do it myself " phase. Which makes me a little sad, but he is potty trained completely now and has been for months but just recently is all about doing everything himself, going to the bathroom, washing his hair and body during bath time, putting the toothpaste on his toothbrush all by himself, makes me happy to see that he is becoming very independent and make me feel that I am teaching him the right things here at home. He also is taking care of his things better and picking up his room every night before bed. Yeah!!!!
Tatertot is so much more like a little girly-girl but don't cross her if you don't want to get hurt. She has a temper! She is speaking really well and is very interested in the potty and usually uses it once or twice a day. She will go in and lift up the lid and say "I go pee". I'll put her on the big potty, no little training potty here (Mr. Beans was the same way). Give her the potty book and let her be, she will pee and if I leave her on there long enough, she poops too!!! Can you believe it?
She wants to do everything her brother does and is very affectionate. Finally sleeping through the night and in her Own CRIB!!!! Yes, I finally got a baby to sleep in the crib that my mother bought back when Mr. Beans was born. Only 4 years later and lots of hard nights, but she sleeps in it all night until about 7:30 or 8:00 am and then crawls into our bed until we get up at 8:30am. I call this a victory.
Every week we go to our local library and go to story time or as Mr. Beans calls it:School. He will start preschool in Sept. and I hope and pray that he will be ok. He has a thing about big groups and being the center of attention. I hope that he will surprise me and Fireball and not need me to stay with him during school. Keeping my fingers crossed. Although, I believe that going to story time every week has really helped him come out of his shell. He now sits on the carpet with all the other children, and there can be quite a large group of kids and parents at the library and story time. He also participates in the songs and dances. Tatertot really enjoys this time too. He tells me just about everyday that he wants to go to school. I am hoping this will continue when school does actually start.
Fireball and I are getting ready to start building on to our house to give Tatertot her own bedroom. Hopefully, this will start in another month or two and will be finished by the end of summer. Keeping my fingers crossed here, too.
Well, time for lunch..
Ya'll come back ya hear!?!?!

No comments: