Monday, August 25, 2008

All by myself...

Today was my first day all on my own. I think I did really well. Now granted, it was way slower today then it is on my regular Thursdays. I am really getting confident in my capability to do the job. I had a really great trainer, Katie, who gave me great instruction and lots of notes to refer to if needed. I am working everyday this week excluding Wednesday(closed) and Saturday(boss is taking the day off, I get it off too). My kids will be going to a friend who babysits in her home tomorrow and Friday. They have never been to anyone but family when we have needed a sitter, so it should be interesting to see how they do. Fireball will be picking them up a little after 4 and I will see them during my lunch break, so hopefully that will help them throughout the day. I just hope they will behave(not really an issue with them, but there is always a first time for everything, huh?) and get along with the other children she may have tomorrow.
Unfortunately, Mr. Beans is one of the most picky eaters you will ever have the pleasure to meet. The sitter is going to make mac n cheese and apples for lunch, but, of course, my son does not like mac n cheese. I think he may be the only child in the USA who had never ate a noodle of any kind. He HATES the way pasta feels. Won't even touch it. SO, I will be sending some cheese slices with them for him to eat.
I think I may be having a small yard sale this Saturday to get rid of some clothes, shoes and purses that I don't want anymore. I also have some odds and ends I would really like to purge from our house, too. I hope to get this all organized on my day off. Tatertot turned 3(wow, has it been that long already?) on Sunday. We went to lunch with most of the family and then dad gave both of the kids $5 to spend on whatever they wanted. So it was off to Wal-Mart for us after lunch for a small shopping spree. Yes, my children are spoiled, but what can I do? Deny their grandparents to opportunity to spoil them? What's the fun in that?
I seem to have come down with either a nasty cold, a nasty case of allergies or a fabulous allergic reaction to the old files we have been moving all day today. Or, an even more fabulous combination of all three. Either way, tomorrow I will definitely be drugging myself with an antihistamine or two.
Things here at home are running more smoothly than I thought they would. Kids are to bed earlier, it has given me time to do more writing on here. Mr. Beans will be starting school next week and Tatertot has her first dance class on the same day. Should be a nice, busy time for all of us.
Well, I think I have rambled on enough for now. Off to bed I go.

1 comment:

kt said...

Glad to hear you are feeling more confident at work! You should...you are doing great! Say hi to the patients for me!
kt