So Mr. Beans has been fighting a cough and high fever on and off since last Thursday. The cough started last Thursday and the high fever started Saturday night. We're talking 103 + degree temperatures here. Super scary for me as a mom. My concern was that he didn't 1: have a seizure or any complications from the high fever(he's never had one before but still scary) 2: that I couldn't make him feel any better than seeing that he nap and try to eat 3: I had given him Motrin Tuesday afternoon around 3:30 and shortly after that he fell asleep and woke up screaming bloody murder and coughing with a wheezy/barky cough. Super Scary!! He didn't have a fever today when he woke up but I did not send him to school and then shortly after 10 am his fever started to climb again. I called our pediatrician's office and spoke to a nurse about his symptoms and she said since it was his 3rd day with a fever he should be seen. I told her I wasn't going to be able to drive him to their office today, we go out of town for our ped's visits, and that I would take him to our urgent care here in town(not the one affiliated with the local hospital).
We got right in and the nurse tried to give him some Tylenol and since it wasn't the flavor that he usually gets he gagged on it and spit it in my hand. AAHHHH the joys of motherhood! So she gave him the same kind of Motrin we use here at home and again he gagged on it and again it went in my hand. So, enough with the medicine, the doctor came in and checked his ears, no infections; listened to his lungs and said he has acute bronchittis and also checked his throat and tonsils. She thought he may have strep throat but he gagged and almost vomited when she checked his throat with the HUGE tongue depressor. She said he has some redness and swollen lymph nodes and his tonsils are a little swollen but we didn't do the strep test because she didn't think he would cooperate, I think she just didn't want to get puked on!!!
So amoxicillian twice a day for ten days. Yikes. Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow when he wakes up.
I work tomorrow, so he will be with my grandma all day long with his sister. I hope he is feeling better and I know he will get a nice long nap while he is there, so plenty of rest for him.
Pray for a speedy recovery for him and that Tatertot doesn't get it.
Thanks for stopping by...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment