Monday, January 16, 2006
Early Morning Surprise
What is the worst sound you can wake up to? A two year old coughing and then you realize he has thrown up in his bed. I was fortunate enough to hear the coughing and yakking sound through the monitor in Mr. Beans' room. It was 6:15 am and my husband was up already dealing with work issues due to having the pager from work. I was half asleep nursing Tatertot in our bed when I heard the "yak" from hell. I yelled to Fireball to go check on him, I wasn't far behind and sure enough he had gotten sick on his pillow. Poor baby was shaking and had vomit on his jammies. He asks "What happy?" That's his way of saying what happened. Too cute!! Fireball took care of the sheets while I cleaned Mr. Beans up. We took him into the living room to rock him on my lap. I seem to have a sixth sense about my children and their need to vomit. I can tell when they are going to get sick. Sure enough Mr. Beans got sick again in the living room. This time it was my turn to clean it up. Poor Fireball has a weak constitution for toddler vomit. He said he was nauseas so I got a turn at it. Then Tatertot decided to wake up. I changed her diaper and then again that feeling that he was going to vomit, picked him up and took him to our bathroom off of our bedroom to puke in the sink. This time it was just saliva, thank God. Finally, around 7:45 am Mr. Beans went back to bed until noon. Everyone else went back to sleep shortly after. Atleast it wasn't 2 am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment