It seems as though having Mr. Beans getting sick in his bed wasn't all that has been thrown at us this week. Fireball has been feeling like crap since the Monday that Mr. Beans got sick. He worked 1/2 day on Mon., all day Tues., 1/2 day Wed., all day Thurs. and was home on his deathbed on Fri. He was really sick and then on Sat. he was still out of commission. All the while, he had a very high fever. We're talking 104. F fever. I swear he was dilerious half the time. So, then the fever would drop and finally on Sun. it shot back up. That was the final straw. Time for the ER. Having dealt with pneumonia before when Mr. Beans was a babe, (we caught it in time, he had the beginnings of it, thank you Jesus!), I knew something was up. So called Mr. Beans Godparents to watch him and Tatertot while I took Fireball to the ER.
I would like to take this moment and say that I was correct: Pnuemonia on the left side. Really sucky for Fireball because he also was unfortunate enough to have a father that smoked in the house growing up and is afflicted with asthma. Yes, I am a firm believer in NO SMOKING around children; especially mine!! So while at the fine establishment that is our ER in our town, 1 doctor for the whole ER that day (Really bad reputation at this hospital for negligant care, dumb docs, etc.), they take his b.p. 3 different times sitting, laying down and standing. Then they need BLOOD! Fireball has a great phobia of needles. Yippee! So they take his blood and as we wait some more, I say I bet they'll do a chest x-ray. Sure enough, knock, knock we need you to come to xray. Doc finally comes in and listens to his lungs, then says you have pnuemonia on the left side and your treatment is: are you ready for this?!: a shot in the ass and some antibiotics. Uh, needles again. So now he is doing better, and is interacting with the real world again. YEAH!!
To make all of this even better, I was feeling nauseated all day Friday and still had to take care of the kids and breastfeed Tatertot too. Thankfully I seemed to have only gotten the 12 hr crud. So now all is good and Fireball is on the mend!!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment