Monday, March 13, 2006

Just one of THOSE days!!!

UHH, have you ever had one of THOSE days where everything is chugging along just fine and then SMACK! I was fortunate enough to have on of THOSE days today. All was well in our home, the kids and I got up, we had breakfast, I did a load of laundry like I do every morning in my Flylady routine. I got the kids into the tub for their baths, they were to take one last night, but we had a couple of storms roll through. Midwesterners that we are, knew not to give the kids a bath during the lightning and all the rain; and we thought we might even have a tornado but thankfully we did not. So to continue, baths went right along as well as giving a 2 yr old and 7 month old can go. Everyone was bathed and dressed with no fuss. I continued my Monday morning clean routine, and was vacuuming my bedroom and noticed nothing was being picked up (all the lovely fuzzies that somehow inhabit my house). I emptied the canister thingy from the vacuum and the filter, but still no luck. UUUHHHH, the brush isn't moving. Burnt out and torn belt. Smells great. Luckily, when we bought this vacuum last April it included an extra belt. Handywoman that I am, replaced it and was vacuuming again in no time. Now this is when I should have just went back to bed. I was holding Tatertot and vacuuming because she isn't keen on the idea of being alone when it is running. So, as I am vacuuming in our room, I got to close to the drapes and sucked up one. Now, I put her on the bed, try to shut off the vacuum only to succeed in pulling the drapes down while in the vacuum. Man am I a gluton for punishment. I have not gotten the drapes put back up yet, waiting for the kids to get up from their naps before I go pounding nails into the wall (yes, it even tore them out). Fireball came home for lunch and Mr. Beans succeeded in taking his pants off; his new idea of fun. We all had lunch together at the table. Then Fireball notices that a leg on his chair is loose. Handywoman to the rescue, I fixed it in no time. He went back to work and the kids went down for naps. Now all is calm on the home front until Fireball gets home and the kids get up and we start supper and play before bedtime. Even as I type this, I can't seem to type for a sh*t or spell either; which is a big deal to me, major pet peeve when people can't spell or use the correct word. Example: Nobody like a lyer. Hate it. Thanks for letting me rant. Stop back again soon....

No comments: