Thursday, August 21, 2008

On my own

I have taken a new job and am really liking it. I have been training for the last month with Katie. She is having her first child and will then be a SAHM. Today was the last day that I had Katie to go to if I have questions about anything job related without having to bother her at home. All next week I am on my own.
Since I will be needing a sitter for the two kids on Tuesday and Friday, we are making a trip to Jocee's house to meet her and all of her other daycare kids tomorrow. Mr. Beans and Tatertot have never met Jocee so they need to do that before they go to her house for the whole day. Since they have never been in any kind of daycare, I am a little nervous about this. I know they will do just find, thinking it's like a big playdate. But the mom in me can think about them getting scared and wanting me to come get them. I don't know that I will go to see them at lunch or not; I'm afraid they might want to leave with me when I return to work from lunch.
We are gearing up for the start of the school year. Mr. Beans starts school the first week of Sept. and I am a parent rep for this school year. We have cleaning of the preschool toys this Sunday and then next Sunday is our open house. Sonya, Jaimie and I are all parent reps this year and we are responsible for all the fundraising for the 2008-2009 school year. I am really excited for the coming year and all that we have planned!
We celebrated the kids' birthdays on Sunday with a big combined party. Think Transformers meet Disney Princesses. I saved a little dough by making and decorating their cakes myself. I love to do that kind of stuff. Eventually, I am hoping to do cakes for birthdays, weddings, graduations, etc.. I was signed up for the Wilton cake classes at our local True Value but the night of the first class was the same night as the Sheryll Crowe concert and that was something I wasn't going to miss with my girls!! Anyway, back to the party: It was a family party with the kids' closest friends too. They got SO much stuff!!! Everyone bought them toys and luckily, lots of clothes too. That will help with back to school clothes shopping and keeping that bill low. It took both of our cars to get everything home. That is what we have to do at Christmas. So, needless to say, this was like Christmas in August for them. They got so many things, our house look like a toy store exploded in it.
Well, I supposed that is all for now. I am really hoping to keep up with all of this now that summer is winding down and the kids are going to bed earlier now.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

kt said...

I'm glad you are blogging, so I can keep up to date with ya! Good luck next week while you are on your own! You can still call me if you need anything! Just keep thinking of that nice big paycheck to get you thru the whole week! It's gonna be weird not going to work next Thursday!
kt